Friday, November 6, 2015

I am John Parker and I currently work in sales for The Irvine Company in Southern California. I will be majoring in Business Management. I have attended Brandman for about a year now, and I have my AS in Fire Technology from Santa Ana College. My career goal is to be a Senior Director of Sales, or something along those lines, for a well respected company in no specific industry.

The specific aspect of my career path that I would like to research further is Leading People. I have kept it broad to begin with because I feel I will further understand the details I want to research further as we go forward. This class will not only help me to take steps towards my degree, but it will help me take steps towards management positions in my current role. As I continue on the path for my degree it is important for me to not let my career growth grow stagnant.

The main area of information fluency I would like to improve on this term is using databases to access Scholarly Journals. I have become too accustomed to using the world wide web as my main source of knowledge and truth. Although I do use great discrepancy when accessing the world wide web, I feel I could be making better use of my time and research.

No comments:

Post a Comment